Carving mountains


Thoughts from the studio









All mindless is the stuff of life
The things I fill the time with
The anger and the internet
The quality of the service

So divorced am I
From the purpose of living
To work
To gather
To toil under the sun
That my mind drifts to Facebook pages
One after the other

But I look up
And see the blue and cumulus sky
The contrasts of the turning foliage
That unmasks the lie that I am living

Oh garden
Oh flowers of the field
Do not awaken this fool from his dreaming

I hear the raven and its wings
I see a wool carder on scabious
And a tortoiseshell
Not now so numerous

I carve a mountain with my hand
And my eyes walk along its ridge
I lift the sky
And lower cloud
And bring it to its conclusion

O fool of fools
O cheating heart
That steals from God's loving arms
His time
His purpose
His forgiveness




Paul.


The new works will be displayed along with the associated writings at Cafe Chameleon Ystradgynlais from Oct 4th

Comments