Out of limbo






I have been quietly working on a series of new drawings and paintings on a larger scale for a collaborative exhibition/installation with Eleanor Flaherty coming up at the beginning of next year at Oriel Lliw Pontardawe. This is a challenging, exciting and different project - the like of which I haven't embarked upon since my Fine Art Degree.

I am really pleased and a little surprised that two of these drawings have been shortlisted for Oriel Cric Crickhowell orielcricgallery.blogspot.co.uk open competition in May 17. (these are featured in the previous blogpost)

During the past few weeks I also took part in www.twitter.com/ @twitrartexhibit exhibition in Stratford Upon Avon. This amazing collection of postcard art from all over the world has raised around fifteen thousand pounds for this years charity called mollyolly.co.uk




My card is still for sale on their website.



Finally I have been asked to be Artist in Residence at The Veddw www.veddw.co.uk . I am really excited about this, potentially working with Charles Hawes photographer and co - maker of the garden. I am waiting to see which direction this will take and will update on the progress.


So quietly breaking out of the arty limbo of the last 30 years !

Paul.

Comments

  1. Very cool Paul. Looks intriguing. I made a copper cats face today, within two hours next door gave me their cat as they are moving....I had better watch out what I make next ! x Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo make a snake - I'd like a real snake for my garden Jane !

      Delete

Post a Comment